Dragon Vinyl Window Pet Door - Replacement Flap
Time Required 0.5 Hours
- 1 Dragon Main Inner Flap - flexible, rectangular piece with the Dragon logo
- 1 Dragon “U” Outer Flap - narrower flexible piece shaped like the letter “U”
- 5 thread-Forming Screws - ½” long screws
- 4 Frame Strike Plates - ½” x 1 ¾” steel plates with adhesive backing
Replacing the Flap
Step 1 Remove Screws
- Remove the two screws holding in the U-shaped outer flap from the frame with a Phillips-head screwdriver.
- If the screw head gets damaged, you can replace it with a new screw from the kit later.
Step 2 Remove Flap
- Remove the old U-shaped flap, then remove the three screws holding the main inner flap.
- Discard any damaged screws as necessary.
Step 3 Remove Magnets
- Separate the magnets from your old flaps.
- Unfortunately, the magnets must be sent to the trash, but your old flaps are recyclable.
- Contact your local waste management and ask if they can recycle polyolefin elastomers or flexible polyethylene.
Step 1 FLAP INSTALLATION Main Flap
- Install the main inner flap onto the frame with the three center screws. The logo should face you, away from the frame.
- The flap material will start to deform when overtightening begins.
Step 2 U-Shaped Flap
- Install the U-shaped outer flap onto the frame with the two remaining screws.
- The magnets should face towards the main flap and the frame.
- Installation complete! If the flaps don't sit quite right off the bat, you can try massaging them into place.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.